Skip to main content
Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment. We try to schedule the appointments in the AM and suggest nothing to eat or drink after midnight.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. They should be available to stay with the patient during the first few hours at home while the patient continues to recover from the anesthesia.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting casual clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish (we will place a monitor on one nail) on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold or sore throat that limits your ability to breathe through your mouth, please notify the office. Your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Morris prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- Bring your pharmacy phone number to the appointment so we can contact them regarding your prescriptions.
- Stock up on a variety of soft, cold foods and fluids for you recovery period.